Wednesday, August 24, 2016

18 and Counting


Not sure how he finds the time, but John Cook puts out 18 math-related Twitter accounts for our delectation (in addition to his blog):

http://www.johndcook.com/blog/twitter_page/

If you’re on Twitter and not following at least a couple of John’s feeds you probably want to check them out.  Most of these accounts tweet about once-a-day, always with some pithy bit of interesting information (or link), ranging over topics from general science to more technical math or computer-science niches.

While I don’t doubt that there are scamsters/trolls with more than 18 Twitter accounts, I’m guessing there may be no serious mathematician/scientist in John’s league of multiplicity. Or am I wrong? Anyone know of someone who surpasses Dr. Cook's prolific accounts-output?
Of course by the time I post this John may have added another 1 or 2 accounts… ;-) 

Also, just realized, that an old (now defunct?) account I enjoyed, @TautologyFacts, almost has the look/feel (in a parody sort-of-way) of a Cook account, though I don't believe it had any connection to John?:





No comments: